Please Improve Me on This - Short isiZulu piece

Ngiyakubona. Wena umuhle. Wenzani ephupho lami? Ufike lapha nini? Angikufuni lapha. Angikufuni kodwa ngiyakudinga. Ngiyakuthanda futhi ngifuna ukukuqabula kodwa angifuni ukukubona.

(I only learnt isiZulu for one year so pardon the errors. I'm particularly uncertain of where the object should be when two verbs are used. See "ngifuna ukukuqabula". Should it be that way, or should it be "ngikufuna ukuqabula"? What are my other mistakes? Ngiyabonga!

Ukuphawula

• You are learning! It's actually good for someone who started learning isiZulu in year ago. All the other sentences are grammatically correct except for this one "Wenzani ephupho lami"? I'm not sure what you intended to say but I take it you wanted to say: Wenzani ephusheni lami. Your mistake here was a locative which is identified by the prefix 'e-' and suffix'-ni' on the noun where the consonant '-ph' changes to '-sh'. The other two are correct too. The first one has an object 'you' which is hidden in isiZulu but represented by and the second one has no object just a verb.

• Thank you. I wanted to say, "What are you doing in my dream?".

So the noun for "dream" is "iphupho", but I missed the "ni"? I recall now that certain words acquire the "ni" as well. At least I'm right with the initial "e"? Is there a rule for phen the "ph" changes to "sh"?

So I take it that the "ku" object is always in the initial verb? So if translated directly (with "you" as an object and not subject in the following quotes), it would be "I you I want to see" rather than "I want to you see".

Thanks for the help!

• We are getting someone who will be answering your question to your satisfaction in the meantime but you are a good learner. If there's anything at all that you are struggling with grammatically, just post it...we will get someone to help if I can't.

• We've managed to get you a response to your question as promised. Here it is: Ngifuna ukukuqabula – is the correct one. The second verb (infinitive verb – the uku- verb) takes the object concord.
    ‘ph’ changes to ‘sh’ – this is a phonological rule called palatalization – where a bilabial / dental / alveolar sound changes to a palatal sound when followed by locative extension or passive verbal extension, etc.

I hope that answers your question.

• Thank you! I was really wondering about that. Sorry for the late reply.

• No worries! You are welcome!

Ngena noma Bhalisa ukuze uphawule.