incomplete terms

@Simone

Hi Simone

How you've been, long time no chat :smile:

I noticed that some words are not matching the online entries:
e.g. https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/piercing have 2 noun entries but the JSON don't have those.

BTW, is it posible to add headword for Romanian, I have a friend interested in that dictionary.

Best regards
Simone

Comments

• SimoneSimone Administrator admin

Hi @simonesmith
    Nice to hear from you! Hope all is good with you :)

Thanks for flagging this up, I'll raise it here.

Thanks for the suggestion as well, knowing which languages the users are interested in is always useful to help inform decisions. I can't promise, but I'll certainly put it on the suggestions log.
    You probably know about them, but these are the links for you to keep updates on all new releases:

Updates
    Supported languages

• AmosDuveenAmosDuveen Member, Administrator, Moderator admin

Hi @simonesmith,

What differences are you seeing?

For example, I see this from the API output:

Adjective Senses:
    having or showing shrewdness or keen intelligence; examples: "a tall blonde with piercing eyes"; "her piercing analysis"

Adjective Subsenses:
    (of a sound) extremely high or loud; examples: "she let out a piercing scream"

(of wind or extreme cold) seeming to cut through one; examples: "the piercing cold of winter"

(of a feeling) intense, typically in a distressing way; examples: "I recall one moment of piercing sadness"

Noun Senses:
    a small hole in a part of the body, typically other than the ears, made so as to insert a ring, stud, or other piece of jewellery; examples: "this is the place to get your tattoo or piercing done"

Noun Subsenses:
    A ring, stud, or other piece of jewellery worn in a pierced part of the body; examples: "two months ago, I decided to take out all my piercings"

And the same content from our website:

• AmosDuveenAmosDuveen Member, Administrator, Moderator admin

As regards the Romanian data, we have acquired a Romanian monolingual dataset, but I don't think it is a priority for pushing to the API. It will probably happen at some point though.