forum.oxforddictionaries.com/hub is empty site?

forum.oxforddictionaries.com/hub is empty site?

After signing in in the forum.oxforddictionaries.com it will lead to
forum.oxforddictionaries.com/hub
which is almost an empty page, like in the attached photo. I had to change hub to api in the url to get to the forum.

When I tried to click on the buttons nothing useful happened. Clicking the wheel button showed me the Preferences. Clicking on the latter did not do anything at all.
What is the matter?

Comments

• AmosDuveenAmosDuveen Member, Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited July 2017

Hi @Developer,

How did you manage to land on that page?

I think it was a dead end in the development of the forum so I'd be interested to hear about anything linking into it that would need to be edited to point to the actual forum.

• DeveloperDeveloper Member
    edited July 2017

Just point the browser to:
    forum.oxforddictionaries.com
    and it will take you to the previous page. It does not make any difference whether you were signed in or not.

Another "weird" behaviour of the documentation page:
    https://developer.oxforddictionaries.com/documentation

is better displayed with pictures.

1. In case of NO SIGNING IN, this is how the page would look like:

and the Lammatron Implementation Notes is:

and the Definitions Implementation Notes is:

1. In case of SIGNING IN, this is how the page would look like:

and the Lammatron Implementation Notes is:

and the Definitions Implementation Notes is:

Hi @Developer,

The first page you mentioned is empty, as I suggested earlier, and there shouldn't be anything linking to it so, as long as nothing is, we're not overly concerned.

Regarding the documentation page, are you sure your browser isn't loading a cached version of the page? ...I've used my usual browser (Chrome) to view the logged in version, and a different browser which I don't often use (IE) to view the not signed in page, and the text on both is identical.

• I actually got redirected to the empty page on 2017-09-05. I got it by logging in to a page that I had opened already. Also you should know that there is something wrong with the way your footer div floats at the bottom of the page. At this point I'm just writing a really long comment so that I can get a screen cap to show you how the Preview, Save Draft, and Post Comment buttons cover your footer links and the text becomes incomprehensible.

Hi @AaronChampagne,

I've nudged our tech team to have a look at the issues raised in this thread.