- 339 All Categories
- 3 Language datasets
- 9 News and updates
- 23 API endpoints
- 17 Review my code
- 6 Tutorials and presentations
- 92 Frequently asked questions
- 7 How to get useful technical help
- 2 Member guidelines
- 12 Suggest an improvement
- 59 Report a bug
- 10 Ask the Community: Other
- 58 Ask the Community: Technical and operational questions
- 62 General
It seems the Lemmatron API can identify if the word is present in the dictionary but the root detection is not always working.
I tried incomprehensive / incomprehension but it does not detect the suffix / prefix in order to derive the root/lemma word.
I also tried multiple suffix words: egoistically = ego + ist + ic + al + ly which have multiple cascaded roots/lemma: ego, egoist, egoistic, egoistical but none of them was detected.
Aside of the lemma is also important to detect what type of prefix/suffix and what lexical category is transforming into: ego:noun , egoist:adj, egoistic:adj, egoistical:adj, egoistically:adv;
e.g. there are
-verbs becoming nouns then adj adv: compose composer composed composedly; observe observance observable observably; engage engagement engaging engagingly;
-noun becoming verb: iron, ironing ; trouble troubling; beautify, clarify, identify, symbolize
- adj becoming verbs nouns adj: adj (able, unable, disabled); V (enable, disable), N (ability, disability, inability) Adv(ably)
P.S. some words (e.g. Egoism) can be also be considered a root although it does not compose the final word.