- 276 All Categories
- 4 LexiStats Corner
- 12 Review my code
- 6 Tutorials and presentations
- 89 Frequently asked questions
- 5 How to get useful technical help
- 2 Member guidelines
- 12 Suggest an improvement
- 56 Report a bug
- 7 Ask the Community: Other
- 52 Ask the Community: Technical and operational questions
- 57 General
So I am creating a simple dictionary google chrome extension. Simply, you enter a word, and then it get's the definition by accessing Oxford API. I would get the response and then retrieve the definition by
However, I realized through trials that it would not grab the first/most popular definition. Some words it would retrieve the first entry definition for that word (great!). However, for others it would not retrieve one at all or it would retrieve a weird definition that is not usually meant with that word.
So I am asking how to access the BEST/FIRST entry for each word every time. The way I am accessing the definition is not working as expected for some words.