Getting 403 "Authentication failed" with Enterprise Plan

I'm getting the 403 "Authentication Failed". I'm using the below code.

app_id = 'xxxxxxxx'
app_key = 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
language = "en-us"
word_id = "example"
url = "https://od-api.oxforddictionaries.com/api/v2/entries/" + language + "/" + word_id.lower()
r = requests.get(url, headers={"app_id": app_id, "app_key": app_key})

print(r.text)

Even when I'm using the website's "try it out" option, still I'm getting a 403 error.

I have also tried the below URL.

url = 'https://od-api.oxforddictionaries.com:443/api/v2/entries/' + language + '/' + word_id.lower()

Comments

• The exact same issue for me !

• TaisFukushimaTaisFukushima Member, Administrator, Moderator admin

Hi @vicvicky2 and @obadacharif

I have forwarded the query to my colleagues from the system team for investigation. I will let you know what would be the problem as soon as they check your case.

Regarding the account type, our system was showing Enterprise plan instead of Developer plan due to an internal test. We've fixed it now, and it should appear as "developer plan" in your account details.

Apologies for the confusion.

• TaisFukushimaTaisFukushima Member, Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello @vicvicky2 and @obadacharif

My colleagues from the system team informed that you are receiving the error message due to the request for the English language, which is not available in the Developer plan. Access to English datasets is available through our Prototype plan and Enterprise plan. Please click here and fill out the form to discuss how an Enterprise account can meet your requirements, or if you would like to register a Prototype account, you can do so by changing your plan on your account homepage.

If you are under a Developer plan and logged into your account while trying access to English language in the endpoints on the documentation page, you will receive an authentication error. If you wish to try the endpoints with English language, we recommend logging out and trying again.