Oxford Dictionaries API competition: have you got any questions?

KirstyKirsty Member, Administrator, Moderator admin
edited February 24 in General

Have you entered your app in our competition?
Are you considering entering it?

If you have any questions, let us know here.
Find out more about the competition (including what the prizes are) and enter it here.

Tagged:

Comments

• ttechbuzz321ttechbuzz321 Member

I HAVE MADE AN DICTIONARY CHROME EXTENSION AND HAVE PUT UP THE SOURCE CODE IN GIT HUB. SO, CAN I MAIL MY GIT HUB LINK FOR MY ENTRY ?

• SimoneSimone Administrator admin

Hi @ttechbuzz321 !
    Let me forward this to the competition team - so bear with us, you will get a reply soon!

• joughtredjoughtred Member

Hi @ttechbuzz321

It's absolutely fine to submit your entry as a github link. Please email the link to api@oxforddictionaries.com and we will look forward to seeing it!

• lkneebone489lkneebone489 Member

Hello, I was just wondering how many entrants you have in the competition, more specifically, how many "game" entrants...? Cheers.

Hi @lkneebone489, let me ask the competition team!

Hi again @lkneebone489 ,
    I’ve just double-checked with our competition team, and we’ve had over 20 entries so far – ranging from games to language learning apps! :smile:
    I can’t, unfortunately, confirm the exact number of entries, or how many games were entered.

• abasuabasu Member

Hello, I was wondering when the winners would be announced. :) Am waiting to see those fab apps

Hi @abasu,
    Oh, the winners were already announced (we sent out a newsletter, maybe it went into your spam box?)
    In any case, they are here, have a look:
    Oxford Dictionaries API 2017 competition: the winners
    They are all great apps!

• abasuabasu Member
    edited May 18

Thanks @Simone, @lkneebone489
    They're all great apps indeed!
    I wasn't signed up for the newsletter till about a few days ago; I guess it had gone out already by the time I joined the list.

Hi @abasu
    I know, they are indeed - we're all amazed with the quality of all the entries.
    Oh, yes, that is probably what happened about the newsletter - you unfortunately just missed it.
    But I'm glad you're now signed up :)

• arunavaarunava Member
    edited May 20

Hey, as a participant of the API 2017 competition. A t-shirt was awarded to me.
    But, I was unable to receive the call from the courier (DHL). So, I received a mail from Oxford asking me to contact the local DHL office and confirm a delivery date.
    But, when I called them up they were asking for a 10-digit no. Which I haven't received. So, without a tracking ID (the 10-digit no.) they are unable to confirm which package I am talking about.
    Can anyone kindly suggest something as where I could I receive my tracking ID.
    I made 2 general inquiries, from the "contact us" section of the oxford developers api site,one at around 12:30AM IST today and one more at 12:30PM IST today. But, I didn't received any response from the team.
    Any help would be very appreciated.
    Thank you.

• arunavaarunava Member

A follow up to my previous post.
    Thank you all, but it was kinda my own silly mistake. The ID was sent over to my cell by SMS. The SMS section isn't used by me much, so I missed the SMS from DHL.
    Thank you all again.

Hi @arunava
    Oh, I'm glad you found the parcel ID - did you receive the t-shirt now?
    Let me know if there are still any problems, I will try and sort it from here for you.

About the 'contact us' form, you probably didn't get a reply because it came during the weekend (the mailbox is only monitored on weekdays, just like the forum).
    Were your enquiries only about the t-shirt? If there was something else I might be able to help you too (although my colleagues will still see your messages).

I hope you like the t-shirt! :)

• arunavaarunava Member

I got a response against my enquiry right on Monday and your reply too :smile: , I kinda realized that the mailbox and the forum is not monitored on weekends(as the previous time I made an enquiry, I got the reply back almost immediately).
    And, yeah I was just enquiring about the t-shirt delivery, didn't received it though, expecting it in 2-3 days. :smile:
    Thanks for your help @Simone

My pleasure, @arunava, and if you need any other help at all, do shout!
    I hope you get your T-shirt soon. :)

• andrewbkimandrewbkim Member

Hello! I am Andrew who made word-booster.com (1st prize winner), and wanted to tell you I just received my T-shirt and the mug cup via DHL. (I am in South Korea.) :-)

Hi Andrew (@googleplus - andrew.kim.english@gmail.com)
    Oh, excellent, thanks for letting us know!
    I hope both mug and tee got to you undamaged.
    We all love Word Booster here :)
    So enjoy a nice cup pf tea, wearing your new t-shirt!

Oh, the package arrived intact. No damage at all! I love the prizes and will use them proudly!
    Yay! Very happy you all like Word Booster!