Dear API forum users,

On 31 March 2020, we will be making a change on our login system.
Your account will be preserved, but you will be required to reset your password the first time you try to login after this date.

Just go to Sign in on https://forum.oxforddictionaries.com/api/ and follow the instructions to reset your password.

If you have any questions, please get in touch with us on [email protected]

Some of the API returns HTTP 403: Authenticated failed

Hi! I am a student developer with a great interest in developing a educational dictionary based on od-api. However, I found that some of the APIs returns HTTP 403: Authenticated failed even if I add the app_id and app_key in the request. This situation only happened in some of the APIs like /search/{source_lang}. I've tried both in the live documentation and on my local machine using Python code. It is really frustrating. I just don't know how to solve this, or is there anything I missed? Please help me!

Best Answer

Answers

• TaisFukushimaTaisFukushima Member, Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello @dderek970

This error has occurred because there are requests to translations, sentences, search or thesaurus endpoints, which are restricted to users with a Prototype Plan, this means that you will have access only for Lemmas and Entries.

• Hi @TaisFukushima, thanks for your attention! :#

I checked the plan of my application, and it is exactly the Prototype plan.

As far as I know, there are only 4 types of plans(prototype, developer, enterprise and research) and these plans have no differences other than the frequency of API usage. Am I right about this?

Looking forward to your reply! :)