What is Oxford English Wordlist?

shahoodshahood Member ✭✭
edited June 9 in General

Hi,

I found out from v2 Migration guide that Wordlist endpoint has now been replaced with a new product called Oxford English Wordlist. As advised there, I tried to use the Contact us page to get info about this new product right when v2 was launched but have not received any info even after such a long time.

Kindly inform me about its features and price, if any.

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• TaisFukushimaTaisFukushima Member, Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello @shahood

Thank you so much for your enthusiasm,

We plan to release the Oxford English Wordlist in summer 2019.

We will have more information about the product soon.

• lkneebone489lkneebone489 Member

Shahood, seems as though no one has really answered your question, I thought I would chime in because I am also keen to use the wordlist endpoint and have been previously informed about it.

The wordlist in the old API version is a list of words but not all forms of the words - just base forms.
    I think this would be an example: the word "Run" would be included but not "Runs", "Ran", or "Running"

As far as I know, the "Oxford English Word List" in the new API version will have all forms of words. Hope this helps.

• shahoodshahood Member ✭✭

@lkneebone489 I know what wordlist endpoint is because I used it for a long time. All I wanted to know was what features the new product carried. Thanks for your feedback, anyway!