How to disallow additional network calls?

Hi @AmosDuveen @Simone @Annarita ,

All of the paid plans listed here offer "Additional calls only £0.002 each to allow flexible usage". Is there a way to disallow additional calls? I'm planning to launch my app via a beta channel and don't want my cost to shoot during this phase. If there is no cap on calls, the bill at the end of the month can be unlimited.

Best regards,

Comments

• SimoneSimone Administrator admin

Hi @shahood,
    Let me find out, I'll get back to you!

• AmosDuveenAmosDuveen Member, Administrator, Moderator admin

Hi @shahood,

We don't have the account setup to be able to do that but you can monitor your usage in real time through your usual account login.

• shahoodshahood Member

Hi @AmosDuveen,

Thanks for the reply!
    Monitoring is something else. I want to restrict the usage strictly to the max allowed usage under a paid plan (Max 10k calls under Basic plan) such that no additional calls are entertained by Oxford servers. I just don't want such flexibility.

Pl let me know how that is possible!

Thanks

Hi @shahood,

We don't have the account tools available to be able to do that. The only suggestion I can make would be to add some kind of call counter somewhere in your code.

• shahoodshahood Member

HI @AmosDuveen

Nope that won't work. This app doesn't have any back-end server where call count of all users can be compiled into one big number to be compared against the max allowed usage.
    It is strange that the subscribers are being forced to use the "flexibility" of paid plans. There should have been a choice available to the developers.
    Hope u put it forward as a suggestion!

Thanks

Hi Shahood,

Unfortunately, the account setup we have does not allow such a hard stop for paid accounts.