How to get phrasal verbs alike what oxforddictionaries.com does?

For the word "get", the site result contains "Phrasal Verbs" section.
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/get
Is it possible to get same or similar data with API?

what I've tried:

• /entries/en/get does not return any phrasal verbs.
  • /search/en?q=get&prefix=false returns too many entries. And score seems not to be reliable since I found the major phrase "get up" has the same score of lesser "get physical".
  • /wordlist/ is hard to use, due to its quota.

Answers

• AmosDuveenAmosDuveen Member, Administrator, Moderator admin

Hi @thanai373,

You are noticing some of the differences between the website and the data feeding ODAPI. The content is the same but, in ODAPI, all of the subentries (including phrasal verbs) have been promoted to full entries to make them discoverable in searches e.g. https://od-api.oxforddictionaries.com:443/api/v1/entries/en/go_ahead. That is why you won't find them at the bottom of their root entries. You will also find phrasal verbs listed in the results from the search endpoint.

• shahoodshahood Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Ok but is there a filter available in search enpoint that returns only phrasal verbs?

The objective is to find all (and only) the phrasal verbs relating to a given search term.
  • AmosDuveenAmosDuveen Member, Administrator, Moderator admin

Hi @shahood,

That would require us to allow grammaticalFeatures as a wordlist filter (it is only currently available for the exclusion filters). I am a little surprised that it isn't already available as such.

However, we have recently been reviewing the entire wordlist setup with a view to putting something new together to better meet users' expectations. Therefore, I don't think this endpoint is going to get fixed any time soon but something new (and hopefully better) is not too far over the horizon.

If you have any specific use cases you'd like us to consider, it is not too late to throw suggestions into the mix but, obviously, I cannot make any promises.