How could I get alphabetical word list to display instead of search for particular word

Hello Team, I am trying to build an android app using Oxford API. I am quite happy to see all the endpoints that are given and that could help in my app. I want to ask what endpoint could I use to get a list of words as it appears in a dictionary instead of putting a search for a particular word.
Many Thanks
Henna

Comments

• joughtredjoughtred Member, Administrator, Moderator admin

Hi @hsingh762. It may be worth looking at our Wordlist endpoint, where you can generate lists of up to 5000 words at a time. If this doesn't quite suit your needs, we also licence content in another format in a single data delivery, too, so do feel free to email us if you think this might be a good option for you and we can put you in touch with our licensing team.

• hsingh762hsingh762 Member
    edited June 2018

Thanks @joughtred for your reply. If you referring to list where filtering with either category, domain or region can be done, that is needed but I am also looking for an alphabetical order of words as you get when you open a dictionary. I indeed have emailed my concerns to the team but am still awaiting a reply.

• joughtredjoughtred Member, Administrator, Moderator admin

Hi @hsingh. Let us check the mailbox in case your email has automatically been sent to our spam folder. If we can find it, we will be in touch today.

Best wishes,

Joanne