Definition of "video arcade" is not available

Hi,

I looked up 'arcade' from Dictionary entries endpoint and got the results where one of the senses contained 02 crossReferences: 'video arcade' and 'amusement arcade'. While I can get the definition of 'amusement arcade' from Dictionary entries endpoint, I can't get any of 'video arcade'...it ends up in a 404.
Oh and somehow the definition of 'video arcade' is also available on the website.

Please check this issue and respond!

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• shahoodshahood Member ✭✭

@AmosDuveen @Simone guys, pl look into it.
    Thanks!

• SimoneSimone Administrator admin

Hi @shahood
    Sorry for the late reply, this was a long weekend in the UK, Mon was a bank holiday (and the forum is not monitored on weekends).

@AmosDuveen, I've tried the same search and got the same error message, which is a bit puzzling as the word is definitely an existing dictionary entry.
    Now I'm not quite sure why this is happening - I'll have to leave it for you to comment, as you know more than me!

So @shahood, bear with us, please! :)

• AmosDuveenAmosDuveen Member, Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited May 2018

Hi @shahood,

Video arcade is available in the US English dictionary, and can therefore be retrieved using the US regions filter: e.g.
    https://od-api.oxforddictionaries.com:443/api/v1/entries/en/video_arcade/regions=us

In essence, by not specifying a regions filter, you are in effect using the default of regions=uk. I wrote a response here describing why the filters act in this way. Admittedly, there does seem to be an issue with the labelling which I will pass on for our team to investigate.

• shahoodshahood Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Thanks for the response!